Thursday, September 27, 2012

Getting a little closer

Got quite a bit done since my last post.  I finished the M113s, a Merkava Mk I, a M151 Mutt w/TOW and a few Infantry. 

The other 2 M113s are just like the first one with the exception of the cargo rack one vehicle #2.  The more I look at them the more I'm thinking that I will get a pack of the IDF armor decals from Bison to dress them up.  Its very hard to see the numbers of the 2 with cargo racks, so may just order a decal set and scrape those off.  Overall, really like the way they turned out.



Next up were the Infantry.  I chose the Elhiem 20mm IDF as they were the only metal figures in 20mm that I know of, are very nice and compatible with 1/72 plastic figures.  I bought enough figures to organize 2 Infantry Squads, each with a FN MAG, a Platoon Headquarters and the 3 figures that are mounted in the 113s.  I also purchased a box of Orion plastic 1/72 scale IDF mostly for the tank crewmen as I may need to add more dismounted AFV crews, depending on how good the PLA/PLO RPG gunners turn out to be.



The Merkava is the old ESCI 1/72 scale Mk I in an Italeri box but is a nice model.  It has the link and length tracks, which are a bit difficult to assemble, but nice when completed.  I added a little stowage and a tank crewmen from the Orion IDF to finish it up.  Planning to get one more of these before the convention.


Lastly is the Hobby Den 20mm scale M151 Mutt with TOW ATGM.  This is a resin model from The Hobby Den in the UK.  The model is made of resin with the TOW and mount being made of metal.  Very nice model and comes in 7 parts, the wheels, TOW and mount.  I added a couple WW2 British Paratroopers for the crew, again as I had these laying around with no particular job for them to do, so they were drafted into the IDF. 



All that is left to complete the IDF are approx 20 Infantrymen and the last Merkava, then I will start on the PLO.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work mate. I love the grey of the armour. Nice work on the stowage on the JB tracks too.
    Drop Matt at Elhiem a line and harass him for more IDF. RPG's and platoon support weapons :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Do you happen to remember by any chance what color you used to paint the armor?

    ReplyDelete