Thursday, May 2, 2013

The 1st Squad

     My brother and I have decided to switch sides, he will build the Polish Army and I the Germans.  Neither of us has built these armies so should be fun.



       Since I’m building the Germans, figured that I needed to get a jump on my brother.  He has always been the considerably better builder and painter as well as being much faster than me.   I decided to build a Squad at a time, with a vehicle in between each.   I completed the first of each last week but am just now getting a chance to take some pictures and post them.  All are 28mm Black Tree Design and mounted on 25mm metal fender washers. 



     The Panzer 38T came out nice, especially considering it’s a 1/48 scale diecast model .  I removed the tracks, primed and painted it in Model Masters Euro-Grey.  Then went back and repainted the details, washed the whole model in brown acrylic from apple barrel and applied the decals.  The size of the model goes very well with the BTD early war German Infantry.
 


     After finishing prepping the next squad had to make a choice.  Fat Tire or Hefe Weissbier.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment